- In this section...
- Short-Term Faculty-Led
Affiliated Semester Long & Full Academic Year Programs
Undergraduate Education International Exchanges
The Office of International Programs sponsors a variety of exchange programs that give students the opportunity to enroll directly into the host university, allowing full immersion with host country peers. With the exception of NTU and DTU, these programs do not send students in large groups. Participation in this type of study abroad experience requires a great deal of initiative, independence and maturity on the part of the student.
Current undergraduate exchanges are:
- Australia - Victoria University, Melbourne (Applications for Victoria University cannot be accepted until further notice); University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney
- Denmark- Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Lyngby (This exchange can support a larger number of students)
- Germany - Technical University of Dresden (German proficiency required) *Students who plan on applying to Dresden should contact the OIP before completing an application.
- Hong Kong - The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Korea - Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology; Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH)
- Singapore - Nanyang Technological University (NTU) (This exchange can support a larger number of students)
- South Africa - Stellenbosch University
- Spain - University of Barcelona, (Physics students only).
- United Kingdom - University College London, *Very limited number of spaces are available, students should contact the OIP prior to applying; University of Leeds; University of Sussex; Swansea University, (priority goes to engineering students).
Contact: Karen Dvorak
Contact: Jamie Obst
Senior Program Administrator
The Global Engineering Education Exchange Program
Global E3 is an international exchange program for engineering students at member institutions. The program offers the opportunity for U.S. students to study in one of 17 countries and for international students at partner campuses to study in the United States.Contact: Jamie Obst
Senior Program Administrator
Office of International Programs
Walker Lab; suite 4226
The Lally School of Management and Technology offers an International Management Exchange Program (IMEP) with top-rated business schools around the world. Third and 4th year management majors in good academic standing are eligible to apply. Current IMEP options are:
- Australia - Bond University, Gold Coast; Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane; Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne
- Denmark - Copenhagen Business School
- Finland - Hanken School of Economics, Helsinki
- Hong Kong - Shaw College, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Germany - WHU, Otto Beisheim School of Business
- Italy - Bocconi School of Management, Milan
- The Netherlands - Maastricht University
- Singapore - Singapore Management University, National University of Singapore
- Spain - ESADE Business School, Barcelona
Application deadline for fall & spring semesters: March 15th
Contact: Beth Macey
Senior Student Services Administrator
Lally School of Management & Technology
Pittsburgh Building 3210
The School of Architecture offers faculty-led semester-long programs in Italy (fall semester), India and China (alternating spring semesters). These programs are open by competitive application to students in their fifth semester and above.Contact: Carly Perruccio
School of Architecture
Greene Building 115